How Do You Scrounge?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to follow behind loggers, cut the tops and drag brush outa the way. Now we are hooked up witha tree trimming co. That just landed the contract with the city. All we have to do is pick up the wood, they buck it up for the most part, and best of all they chip up all the small branches :cheese: no more dragging brush. Just pull up with truck and trailer load and go. Since our ice storm we have picked up, 6 large trees, Oak, Sycamore Maple, Hard Maple, Cherry and a huge Elm. With lots more to come! What sucks for me is I just bought a new 36" bar for my big saw and haven't used it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.