How do you use a Lux TX1500U 24 volt compatible T-Stat on a Quadrafire Santa Fe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I have a Lux TX1500U Programmable/Manual Digital T-Stat. I works for millivolt systems or 24 volt systems.

What must be done with the Lux T-Stat to make it work? The specs in the Quad Santa Fe manual state it will work on a 24 volt system.

COMPATIBLE WITH:
• Most 24-volt heating and cooling systems
• 1 or 2 stage Heat / 1 stage Cool: Gas, Oil or Electric systems
• 1 or 2 stage Heat / 1 stage Cool: Heat Pump systems
• 3-wire hydronic (hot water) zone valves
• Gas Millivolt heaters

Attachments

• ShedLuxTX1500UDiagram.jpg
    ShedLuxTX1500UDiagram.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 815
  • QuadrafireSantaFeWallT-Stat.jpg
    QuadrafireSantaFeWallT-Stat.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 345
  • QuadrafireSantaFeFrontFire.JPG
    QuadrafireSantaFeFrontFire.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 446
Hello

Oh, I just remembered! ! !

Connect to the terminals shown by the red arrows in the pic below!

Red Arrows show where to connect the two wires from your pellet stove.
RH and W1 and leave the jumper there! Simple if the diagram does not confuse the Heck out of you!
Also dip switch 2 up will set the T-Stat back to manual from the default.
Clic to enlarge

Attachments

• LuxTX15U (4).jpg
    LuxTX15U (4).jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 960
Hi Scott

I was talking about the jumper from RC to RH
RC= Red wire to Cooling System
RH = Red wire to heating system

Since the pellet stove is a heating system with no 24 volt transformer and no cooling system connected, then having the jumper to RC for the cooling system is just superfluous. Since it comes on the T-Stat, removing it is just an unnecessary step!

Quads are good heaters, simple to operate and work very well on a T-Stat.They also last along time! They are great for alot of people. I like a nice digital control panel that does not have CSS myself but I have no complaints about the quads. The AE digital controller maybe a little too much electronics. The other models are Good Heaters and that is after all what they are made for.

Status
Not open for further replies.