How does my new EPA Osburn 2400 Insert work?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kruger

Oct 14, 2008
SE Wyoming
Can anyone explain how my stove actually works? I know that sounds like a dumb question, but I'm curious how the inlet holes and the secondary air tubes work. What is the optimum way to burn to best utilize the secondary air tubes? After running this stove for two months, I'm pretty pumped about my decision to go with Osburn.

Glad to hear you're happy with your osburn. I am a believer as well. This beast puts out a lot of heat. As for how the insert works I'm not super sure and if anyone chimes in I'd love to hear about it. But if you're asking how to burn wood most efficiently and get the most out of your unit I am definitely willing to answer any specific questions you may have.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/qvc79F1pR08[/youtube]

That is a great video. Thanks for posting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.