How does Napoleon keep their clearances down?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asylum575

Feb 3, 2009
NY
I've decided on my chimney and started looking at stoves. I was all set on the Englander NC-13 untill the Mrs. chimed in. She wants the stove to not only heat but look nice. She liked the VC Intrepid, but I couldn't believe the clearances on such a small stove. We started looking around and the Napoleon 1100C caught my eye. Looks good for the wife and the clearance to combustibles is 6" using single wall and down to 2" with double wall.

I've looked at the following: Lopi, Avalon, VC, Quadro, and the Napoleon.

Napoleon has gotten some good reviews here for the 1100C, but How do they get the clearances so tight?

The Napoleon, like Pacific Energy and some Quadrafire stoves are jacketed. The outer jacket reduces side radiance of heat. Think of it as an outer heat shield.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I like the Anderlea T4, but I think the little lady wants some shiny color. Small price to pay for burning things, right. The Vista might fit the bill. I found a dealer that carries both Napoleon and PE about 40 miles away. Guess i'm taking a ride.

That has to be on a corner install. I have the exact same stove and I have to be 6" away from the back wall with DOUBLE wall pipe. The heat shield in back does wonders though. My back wall MAYBE reaches 90 degrees during a long hot burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.