How far can I take apart my BIG E to clean ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buildingmaint

Feeling the Heat
Jan 19, 2007
Oil City PA
I would like to take apart my BIG E a little further then I regularly do for cleaning. I find it hard to clean behind the fire wall just using the little doors . And trying to get all the ash out with an compressed air gets a little dirty.

I opened the lid to the hopper and saw that there are 6 bolts and nuts , that look like they are holding the hopper lid on . And there are 4 bolts and nuts in the hopper , that look liker they hold the hopper against the frame.

If I take off these nuts , will I have more access to the innards of my stove for cleaning ? And will it be easy to put back together ?

Status
Not open for further replies.