How Far From Heating Oil Storage Tanks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ductape

Jul 16, 2008
Central NH
I will be installing my Big E in my basement soon. I was reading the manual, but saw nothing specific about how far my stove needs to be frm my heating oil tanks. Is there a specific distance it needs to be from my steel 275gal. storage tanks?

Thanks

Ductape said:
I will be installing my Big E in my basement soon. I was reading the manual, but saw nothing specific about how far my stove needs to be frm my heating oil tanks. Is there a specific distance it needs to be from my steel 275gal. storage tanks?

Thanks
Each state might require different distances.
When I installed my oil furnace (1996) I believe the Ma. fire code required 5 ft min distance from the oil tank.
You really need to consult your state fire code and / or local ordnances for the proper answer.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.