1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

How far in should I put it?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by berg, Feb 8, 2013.

1. berg

berg New Member

Loc:
    utah
    made ya look....==c
    I Called USSC about my ignitor on my(new to me) Bosca spirit 500 pellet stove because the ignitor was just laying in the ignitor tube. I pulled the tube and there are 4 allen screws to center and thold the ignitor . Manual does not cover the ignitor location btw.
    I called USSC and spoke with a nice woman that just told me to put even with the end of the ignitor tube . That would put in in the the burn pot and I am worried that they may be incorrect info.
    Anyone have an opinion as to how far back into the tube it should be from the pot. Just does not make engineering sense to have it exposed to the pot so close at such high temps during the burn.

opinions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. brack86svo

brack86svo New Member

Loc:
    Central PA
    I would go with 1/4 to 1/8" from the end of the tube. Mine recommends, I think, 1/4" from the end.
  3. imacman

imacman Guest

As brack86svo mentions above, I'd have the end that faces the burnpot about 1/8-1/4" back from the very end.
  4. will711

will711 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Pocono mts.
    Yes you did;lol and my mind went right to the gutter!
    CT Pellet, Brokenwing and jtakeman like this.
  5. Mr. Spock

Mr. Spock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW MA
    I read the title and my brain fired out "all the way". I tried to read your post but all I could make out was that there is number and letter things. The blood immediately went south I guess.
  6. 343amc

343amc Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    West Michigan
    The instructions for the replacement ignitor I ordered for my USSC 6041 calls for 1/8 to 1/4 from the end of the tube. There's the third vote for that distance.
  7. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Mine too! As far as it'l go, And hurry up will ya!
    will711 likes this.
  8. Brokenwing

Brokenwing Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Maryland
    This is bad as dexter on hear talking about when he pulls his rod. (to clean the heat exchanger baffles of course):eek:
    CT Pellet likes this.