How good are Kentucky Kernel pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlh756

Feb 27, 2009
West central Ohio
I have found an add on Craigslist for Kentucky Kernel pellets for $215.00 a ton. in my home town.
Anyone have any experience burning this brand, is it worth trying a few bags?

If you do a search on the forum, I think you'll find that in general, most people thought they were OK. But the key words in your post were "trying a few bags"...I recommend that highly so you know how they burn in YOUR stove.

The worst pellets I have used, they even put my stove out. They build up and have like sand materical in the ash, that was the first batch. The dealer replaced the first ton with a new batch they burn just ok they are dirty they have a funny smell lots of black soot when burning, I have about 1/2 ton left from last year and I will burn them because I have them but I will not buy or burn anymore. Worst pellet I have ever used, and I would not give 50.00 for 5 tons of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.