How high can you get your room temp?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
Last night I left my stove on what I thought was medium settings and I woke up this morning and the room was 94 degrees. What's the highest your stove has gotten your room up to? I am burning Greene Supremes.

I've seen it hit 80, but I didn't let it get any higher... too damn hot :eek:

Good to know it can do the job.

my house is at 80 wife thinks we live in the bahammas, with both main level stoves set pretty low , once woke up and it was only 72 then she realized it was 8 degrees outside and turned all of them up

How high? Sorry wrong forum
stoned-smiley.gif

I like 75 to 78.

Ha funny question. There was this one night a month back ...I checked the hopper and knew I would need to top it off in the morning so I grabbed an ice cold bag out of the garage and set it near the stove. Went to bed and about an hour later i woke up to a unusually warm bedroom. The living room temp was 95 degrees and I though something was wrong with stove. Check the room temp, ok. Wtf? Then I realized I placed that ice cold bag of pellets on the temp probe.

It was set on manual mode.

I don't know. I tried to let it go but when it went over 80 I couldn't stand the heat
and turned it down.

Pretty sure as High as I wanted.... But using a stat, it's pretty easy to control.

If I cranked the Wood eater (I do this daily), cranked the Quad (Never done this) and Cranked the Fahrenheit (Never done this also), I think within 2 hours, the walls would melt :cool: or I would ;)

If the stove has the option for a stat, I would highly suggest getting one. Lux 500 or 1500 is cheap and has some good options that work with almost all stoves (good swing).

On setting 2 I can get it up to 80 degrees. I can not stand it that warm, 72 is nice. I know If i cranked this thing up to the max. I could easily get it up to 100 degrees in the stove room.

Status
Not open for further replies.