How hot are you ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
63 and cloudy, been drizzling today. Summer, please hurry, my wood will never dry. We've really had an oddball summer with more rain and coolness than usual in western washington.

99 today in Northern Virginia. 95 right now at 19:30 hours. Cut some oak yesterday and split some today. Short sessions for sure. Drink one beer. Sweat out two. Repeat.

About recovered, or getting a buzz, not sure which so I am venturing back out to split some more.

Only 90 here today in west Michigan, some sun, a couple t-storms. But the dew point was around 70 which made it unbearable outside...........

90 plus and humidiy you can cut with a knife here in Connecticut. The weathermen keep forecasting some rain relief but can you believe they got it wrong again today?

mID TO UPPER 90'S WITH LOW TO MID 70'S DEWPOINT. I slept worth sheet last night. Even as it cooled down a lil, I felt like I was sleeping in the rain forest.
I need to get some damn AC, argh

hotter than a goats heinie in a pepper patch in south central Va. 98 degrees with humidity through the roof as well. as a sidebar , we are hosting the dixie youth baseball 9-10 and 11/12 yr olds this week here in madison hgts. poor kids gotta be dying out there on the field. lots of local buisnesses donating drinks , gatorade, and such , and the rescue squad is keeping a unit at the ball field for the games even though their station is only a couple miles away.

Keyman will tell you the job I'm working on is in 100% sun. Hot black roof getting hosed down every 15 minutes just to get it finished the water was rising as steam
I'm returning home every day beat Tomorrow Vinyl siding at least not heavey labor intensive Only 92 today. No idea how hot in the sun. I have a choice don't work no money comming in or work to pay bills I'm drinking a lot of water and taking frequent rest all heavier labor a between 7and 9am long lunch break and a few more hours Humidity is upper 60's low 70's very unconfortable

Down to a stickey 75 at 9:00pm. Looks like highs in the upper 80's with high humidity for the next few days. I can't wait for fall........

75 for a high today. Humidity in the high 30s. Supposed to warm back up to the mid-to-high 80s by the weekend. Oh, and we get a nice breeze in the afternooon from over the hill (fogbank coming into the coast Pacific Ocean).

The house does not have AC, so I am thankful.

67 high today, 62 now. Send us the heat, our tomatoes will thank you.

One of the many things I have learned on here is the different climates that exist in NA. I mean, I guess I knew that it was colder out east and the humidity is bad in the summer, but I really had no idea of the extremes. I guess I benefit from the moderating effects of the Pacific Ocean, but this part of Canada stays a lot warmer (in winter) than the eastern seaboard that's for sure! From hearing about your weather out east, I'm a bit surprised the west doesn't have a higher population.

I think we hit 86 today in this part of the UP, but it never got above about 77 in the house as I closed it up while still cold from the night before. It was probably hotter inland.

Unfortunately, I'm heading back to MD soon, which is high 90's like many of the others out east. Crossing my fingers that the A/C that I repaired for the Nth time the day before I left is still working. But the firewood should be seasoning real nice!

hilly said:
From hearing about your weather out east, I'm a bit surprised the west doesn't have a higher population.

Shhhh!

BeGreen said:
hilly said:
From hearing about your weather out east, I'm a bit surprised the west doesn't have a higher population.

Shhhh!

I've heard rumors that a few people live in California.. :cheese:
Actually, I think some parts of the west (AZ,NM,NV) are growing pretty fast. Although a "dry heat" of 110 isn't a picnic either.

0300 hrs.......75 and 85% humidity........I was just looking at the map Disco Inferno........thinking....where am I gonna retire to in the U.P. ?......many years down the road.....just not sure if I can take the winters up there.......but the older I get, I just wanna be away and left alone...........

Its a few minutes before 6am and its 82 with a dew point of 80.

Going up to 102, with a dew point around low-mid seventies.

I am seriously considering moving North, or Northwest.

This summer has been flat-out brutal.

Humidity here is so thick fog formed overnight when the sun burns it off we may not be as hot as 102 but we have the humidity and it will make the 90's
Not too corfortable here either but alteast a few degrees cooler,meven cooler near the ocean

One good thing the golf courses have dried out and the drives are rolling a lot further, if the club does not slip out of my sweaty hands first.

We just rang the bell at 102*. Dewpoint 72.

BrotherBart said:
We just rang the bell at 102*. Dewpoint 72.

I packed it in at 4pm with a high of 103.

I'm feeling kinda wacky.

BeGreen, send real estate literature.

We peaked at 72 today for a brief moment. 60 degrees now and we're considering a small fire tonight. Whacky weather. This feels like late September.

Sandor, real estate is not dropping here, still going up. We tend to be an anomaly in more than just the weather.

The sky exploded at three pm here and the thunder and lightning and deluge hasn't let up since. Anybody want 10 cords of soaking wet firewood?

Status
Not open for further replies.