How hot can a typical hot water tank run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hottubbrad

Jul 11, 2008
Ontario
I am getting a Whirlpool hot water tank and I am wondering how hot I can run it??
I am heating it off of a outdoor boiler through either a plate or side arm and will mix valve it down to usable temperature.
Thanks

I am sure the manufacturer will have some restrictions on it, usually set by the internal stat ( is this an electric or gas unit?) If heated by hot water, it would depend on the temp of the entering charge water. When you install the blender valve, make sure you have enough cold water flow to blend in. We had a unit not function right because it did not get enough cold flow to add to the hot and the result was still scalding hot water...!

Status
Not open for further replies.