How Hot Does the Outside of the Pellet Stove Get

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sydney1963

Oct 4, 2008
Windham Maine
My stove and vent pipe are quite hot to the touch but wall is barely warm. Is this normal?

I don't know which stove you have, but after my Castille has been running a while (1/2 hour or more) the front and glass doors get very hot as well as the first 4 to 5 feet of vent pipe. The sides get pretty warm and the top gets warm. My vent pipe is 6" away from the wall so the wall doesn't even get warm.

All in all I'm told that what I just explained is normal.

Steve

My Breckwell has an exhaust temp of 250 at the HRC. The Endurance is much lower around 170 to 185 degrees.

Some stoves you can touch because of the construction of the unit. Other are just a single layer of steel. They will be hot.

Remember from Blazing Saddles, "Fire hot, Mongo!".

Eric

Ask the cat she spends most if the time sleeping on it

My cast iron Empress gets a bit warm on the top of the stove,
but would not burn your hand if accidentally placed on it same
for the sides. Of course the glass gets quite hot.

If I had a cat it would find it quite comfy around the stove.

Have a warm and toast winter

Jay

Attachments

• Living Room.JPG
    Living Room.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 989
Status
Not open for further replies.