How hot should 25-SHP-240 get?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jflnt

Dec 9, 2010
Eastern Canada
I have a thermometer stuck through the outside vent hole and sitting on the firebox of my stove. I used this to test the temp that I was getting out of the stove at different LFF and LBA. I have it tuned in so I am getting the most heat with the LBA on 9 (believe it or not), but I was just wondering what other people are getting for heat output on their stoves?

gonna depend on a bunch of varibles, input BTU , heat range , blower setting , evl, etc. air should be fairly hot but not "ouch in 2 seconds" hot , the unit was meant to supply heated air over a long duration. its not a quick heat the room heater but does well in long fire , clean reload , long fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.