How in the world do I choose a medium-large steel woodstove with sooooooo many on the market ??? Has

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, Big house, lots of women (daughters, wife). Burning Euc/pine/fir/oak/maple/Acacia mostly and maybe its 5.5 - 6 cords only. Can only guess. I stack loose - build a lock stacked perimeter and just fill the center of the ring with thrown in fresh split. Gets done fast this way.

Also I work from home so I've got time to burn 24/7 for 6-7 months (November - April). Could probably insulate better. The stove is in a "covered" windowed winter garden (800 sq feet). All walls are windows. No insulation in the attic space above the half inch slat ceiling. I suck in the heat from the door and open windo using ceiling fans. Works great.

When I swept the chimney in April it was totally clean. Ran the brush though anyway.

I may have made a mistake, but I bought the last big CFM in the world. At $800 shipped I figured it would last at least as long as my Firelight 12 if I were to rebuild it. I guess we'll see how it works. Maybe I'll start a woodstove hobby.

Ut oh, hope you have no warranty issues.

Hogwildz said:
Ut oh, hope you have no warranty issues.

It's a five year warranty which doesn't cover anything anyway, really..

One of the big selling features for me is that it opens from the left, and my wood will be stored on the left, so the door will be out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.