How is a blower and option for an insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i gotta tell ya , selling an insert without the blower being a standard part of the package is quite possibly the dumbest thing ive ever heard of, its like selling a gas log set without the burner tubes. gawd thats stupid. i believe if it were me i'd have to tell them where to "insert it" and find another brand preferrably one who has a clue about how wood inserts work. thats insane!

Here is a response from them.

"Thank you for your interest in Regency Fireplace Products. As we
strive
to be quick to action with an ever changing market, our promotions are
planned according to the demand of our customers. We do typically run a
free accessory promotion in the fall, but as mentioned, details of that
promotion are decided in response to market demand at the time. Your
best source for information is your local authorized Regency dealer,
check back with them for new products and updates at any time of the
year."
Could they mean lack of demand at a point in time and then do the promotion?

I can see everyones problem with this approach, but I think there is a good reason they do it this way. Ever stove manufacture has a cost for there blower fans, they just automatically add the price in. I think its a good idea to show the customer exactly the what they are paying for, and the cost of that part. And yes when you buy a truck/car they do break down for you in a list exactly what item costs. They run the premotion each season to compete with the other companies, and honestly they price out pretty well with that premotion. This is one company I will stand by. Compare there warranty with anyone else.

Cocey, I think you will be seeing promotions soon for a "free" blower with the Hampton's. Spring is a good time to be shopping for a stove. When my installer was dealing with the Regency rep he gave him an earful and talked him into throwing in the blower, he told him something like "that's like selling a car without an engine". Good luck and see what promos come when the burning season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.