How is the Summers Heat 49-SHC22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bo305

Aug 6, 2008
Ulster County, NY
This year will be my first time using a pellet stove. I bought the Summers Heat 49-SHC22 and will be burning wood pellets. Has anyone used this stove before, and how is it? I saw it is not available for sale anymore, and hope it’s not because it was a bad stove. I have 2 tons of New England premium wood pellets, and am waiting on 3 tons of cleanfire from pelletsales.com. My house is 1900sf and hope to use as little oil as possible. Thanks.

bo305 said:
This year will be my first time using a pellet stove. I bought the Summers Heat 49-SHC22 and will be burning wood pellets. Has anyone used this stove before, and how is it? I saw it is not available for sale anymore, and hope it’s not because it was a bad stove. I have 2 tons of New England premium wood pellets, and am waiting on 3 tons of cleanfire from pelletsales.com. My house is 1900sf and hope to use as little oil as possible. Thanks.

we replaced it with the 49-shcpm unit, which is an auto start multifuel unit. wasnt anything wrong with the 22 its a solid unit , but we came out with the CPM which fills the same heating capacity and is also multifuel so we discontinued the 22.

as far as parts availability down the road, dont worry ,we will have support and parts for that unit for ages. little tip , run it in corn mode if you build any heavy ash, it will help keep the pot clear with virtually any pellet. does a heck of a job on corn as well. (watch the dvd also before you get ready to install , it lays out the whole process. PM me if you run into any questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.