1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

How long do you let wood sit before you claim it?

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by k3c4forlife, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuznguido

cuznguido New Member

Loc:
    Ohio River Valley
    Nope. And in the words of Forest Gump, that's all I'm gonna say bout that. What would you have done?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    I have a large power line running across a couple acres of MY property. The power co. came thru and cleared trees, on MY property. Therefore MY trees. Not trying to be a dick, but that power line property belongs to someone.
    Bottom line, if it's not yours, either leave it, or ask around. If you don't get a satisfactory answer as to who owns the property. leave it alone.
    I STILL have some trees to get out of there, and it's been 1.5 years since the power co. did their thing. Doesn't mean I don't want it, just haven't had the time to get it all yet.

Dave
  3. mn_jon

mn_jon Member

Loc:
    northern minnesota
    Yep, I would ask. Maybe they'll give it to you or let you take some others. My idiot neighbors have about 50 dead standing trees that they won't touch. They're too busy buying wood for their outdoor boilers :) If they weren't such morons I'd ask to cut the dead or fallen trees.

jon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.