How long for typical install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thislilfishy

Oct 5, 2014
Canada
It's almost Christmas!!!

Sorry for using the 'C' word, but my wood stove is going to be installed tomorrow. Now I am starting to worry it's going to take more then a day to complete, can't really afford another day off work. My install is on the main floor, through the ceiling(drywall, strapping, plaster ceiling then through second floor sub floor). Then up 5' to the vaulted drywall then plaster ceiling/roof deck. Then a good 10' of pipe to clear the minimum clearance on my steep pitch roof.

One day for two "professional" guys or should I expect more?

Ian

Unless they have to frame and sheet rock a chase inside i would say it should be about a half a day

Super, I'll be framing in the second floor pipe, and dry walling it this weekend. The second floor room is unoccupied so I'll probably do a couple trial fires before walling it in per code requirements. I actually have a lot of drywall repair I need to do after the install, and a ceiling fan to install too! Heh, this wood stove stuff is a lot of work! :)

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.