How Long Should A Pellet Stove Last?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far, five years and counting for my cheap little stove. I had to replace a high limit snap switch that I bought from Graingers. Other than removing the fans, lubing and cleaning them, I haven't had any other issues. I think I'll be drilling a hole on the side of the Horseshoe to clean that out in the near future but I think the leaf blower trick has kept it relatively clean. A few burnpot mods recommended by Dexter has helped tremendously!

I think the driving factors of lifespan are going to be:
- availabity of replacement parts (stock up now?)
- epa , city, or other laws that limit burning and don't have proper grandfather clauses (its coming)
- the phase out of our current line ups for modern devices that are more capable of higher efficiencies, less emissions, and more features like wifi, apps, hot water hook ups, grid-tie, etc etc etc that will come up and replace our 'old' skillets.

My Harman pp38 was tested and shipped June 1997..I got it 5 years ago..Last summer I replaced the blower motor...5 yrs ago replaced door and glass gaskets ( when i bought it)..just yesterday replaced the exhaust motor...
STill running.

Status
Not open for further replies.