1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

How Long Should A Pellet Stove Last?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Bank, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChandlerR

ChandlerR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hampton, NH
    So far, five years and counting for my cheap little stove. I had to replace a high limit snap switch that I bought from Graingers. Other than removing the fans, lubing and cleaning them, I haven't had any other issues. I think I'll be drilling a hole on the side of the Horseshoe to clean that out in the near future but I think the leaf blower trick has kept it relatively clean. A few burnpot mods recommended by Dexter has helped tremendously!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. briansol

briansol Minister of Fire

Loc:
    central ct
    I think the driving factors of lifespan are going to be:
    - availabity of replacement parts (stock up now?)
    - epa , city, or other laws that limit burning and don't have proper grandfather clauses (its coming)
    - the phase out of our current line ups for modern devices that are more capable of higher efficiencies, less emissions, and more features like wifi, apps, hot water hook ups, grid-tie, etc etc etc that will come up and replace our 'old' skillets.
  3. Joe and Kelly Tomeno

Joe and Kelly Tomeno Member

Loc:
    NY
    My Harman pp38 was tested and shipped June 1997..I got it 5 years ago..Last summer I replaced the blower motor...5 yrs ago replaced door and glass gaskets ( when i bought it)..just yesterday replaced the exhaust motor...
    STill running.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.