How long would DuraLiner last?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

farmwithjunk

Sep 19, 2022
PA
Any idea the life expectancy of DuraLiner double wall in a masonry chimney only burning wood? I couldn't find anything online and nothing specifically for warranty. Outer is galvalume which I believe is most metal roofs and it lasts decades easily.

Found a PDF where they have 100% to 15 years and 50% after 15 years for warranty. Apparently not as much faith after 15 years.

Problem is it would be quite difficult to inspect the exterior portion without taking apart the rain shield.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hexa Fox
Should last a long time if properly installed in a good chimney. I think @Hogwildz has had one installed since around 2009?

Yeah it's really going to depend on the chimney if the chimney isn't cleaned well and there is any moisture that galvalume could corrode pretty quick. If it's dry it will last a long time

Yeah it's really going to depend on the chimney if the chimney isn't cleaned well and there is any moisture that galvalume could corrode pretty quick. If it's dry it will last a long time
Its mostly free floating inside the brick chimney except near the bottom. Otherwise it's dry but I'd expect all chimneys that go below ground level to have some moisture.