How many 40" rings are in a cord?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfigliuolo

Nov 28, 2005
Anyone either done the math or know from experience? I know it varies, I was just looking for an aproximate number.

I'll take a crack at it too: the volume of a cylinder = pi * radius squared * height. So.... 3.14 * 20sqrd*16" = 22608cuin / 1728 ( 12*12*12) = 13cuft. 128cuft / 13cuft = 9.8 logs that are 40 inches in diameter and 16 inches long.

mikedengineer said:
Do you mean the 40" circumference and not diameter? because that's whould be different.

nope 40" diameter

Jfigliuolo said:
mikedengineer said:
Do you mean the 40" circumference and not diameter? because that's whould be different.

nope 40" diameter

If I may ask, why a 40 inch diameter? Because I have a leather bag I use for bringing wood in that when rolled out is about 40 inches long and when filled up with wood is definatly heavy.

Just curious.

-Mike

mikedengineer said:
Jfigliuolo said:
mikedengineer said:

nope 40" diameter

If I may ask, why a 40 inch diameter? Because I have a leather bag I use for bringing wood in that when rolled out is about 40 inches long and when filled up with wood is definatly heavy.

Just curious.

-Mike

I am REALLY STRONG!

No, seriously... I am.

The ring I have inside I store wood in is 40" in diameter. I use ~2 a week. Wanted to calc how much wood I would burn.

ahhh. I gotchya. wife hadd one of those setups for her prefab fireplace when I met her. Couldn't figure a place to put it at our new house so it stayed at the old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.