How many are annoyed...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all. Went into this winter with not enough to last a normal winter so this is helping stretch what we have.

Im with you, Christmas is not complete without the smell of burning wood and heat from the fire. I absolutely hate warm Christmas and its going to be a record breaking 70's.... So much for a hot fire, eggnog and Christmas Vacation on the tv

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat
Since I'll be outside, instead of inside,,,,,I'm not going to care. :)

This weekend we will be getting night temps in the low 30's and high 20's. One night fire and all set for the day.

sure the warmth will save wood for when we really need it.

Still miss the ambience as will my visiting grown daughter who grew up in front of a woodstove

In wood heat land that it will be too warm to have a fire on Xmas eve/day?

If I fire up when its 60 deg or above the house will be too warm.

Here ya go. No heat. ;lol;lol

Reactions: D8Chumley
Loving the warm weather. Hating day after day of rain. But I got over getting antsy to start burning a long time ago.

Reactions: NordicSplitter
Fire up the stove when I get home from work....By 8pm its dying down and I don't have to reload it at all......Still warm downstairs in the morning...Nice change of pace..:)

First time in 40 years that I didn't have to fire off the stove before Thanksgiving. Now I ain't doing it before New Years Day. Our average low for tonight is 26. It is only going down to 61 tonight. ==c

My globe is warming.

Reactions: Gboutdoors
Definitely bummed the won't be wood burning for the holidays...

I have fires even in the summer. Warm temps just mean I use less wood !

I'm putting the boat back in. :)

Light a fire and open the windows if it makes you happy.

Seriously it's one of the few times I wish the fireplace wasn't full of an insert.

Will not be a problem . . . chances are it will still be cool enough here for at least one fire in the morning or evening . . . or both.

Like the warm temps and the lack of wood use but HATE the rain and fog and dampness. Would rather have sunshine and 30-40 and a fire at this point.

68 inside with 70 humidity, all patio sliders open, front door open, sider to patio open. It feels like one of those late August summer overcast days on the cape.

Sitting on the front porch having a cup of coffee. Christmas eve folks! Perrinials in the landscaping are budding.

Didn't need a fire here
Was sure nice to get in 36 holes of golf
on the 24 of December
Have never played golf this late in Eastern Ontario

About 10 F right now and they're calling for 4 more inches of snow tomorrow.
Could be worse, I saw in the paper today that our low one year ago was -19F

But that's Colorado==cGood for Christmas's

Last edited:
Reactions: Firefighter938
Status
Not open for further replies.