How many bags burned so far?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far this year I have burnt 16 bags. I started out sampling 3 bags of Cheat River, 2 bags of AWF, & 2 bags of Hardwood Heat ( Excellent Pellet) from TSC. I have burnt 9 bags of my normal stash of Somerset. I have 3 tons, 2 ton of somerset & 1 ton of Hamer's Hot Ones, for the cold nights coming. If your wondering how many pellets you would need, I was told to estimate about 3 tons. I have been burning pellets now for 5 years. The most I have ever used was 186 bags, the least was just last year & that was 136 bags.

i have my 16th bag in the hopper .but ever since my week without power i have been keeping the house extra warm . i just cant be warm enough still

17 bags of mwps so far.
started late in the day oct. 27th when the stove was installed.
it's been unseasonably warm for maine even up till now.
just starting into the 20's at night last night or so.

i hoping to do less than 2 bags a day when it gets cold. but that remains to be seen.

I've burned about 30 bags so far but please understand that I am not a good one to use to compare. Afterall, I'm not a pellet pig, I'm a pellet slob, and I will recklessly burn without regard to anything other than my own personal comfort. Love the stove and lust over the heat. I take those cold temps by the small sack and slap it with a dose of high end pellets. Whether it be a January deep freeze or what you guys call "shoulder season", I'm going at em with the big guns. Come on cold weather, I'm gonna kick you square in the ding-ding!

18 bags so far.We have been pretty lucky so far besides the 15'' of snow in October Was in the 20s last night

johnnycomelately said:
I've burned about 30 bags so far but please understand that I am not a good one to use to compare. Afterall, I'm not a pellet pig, I'm a pellet slob, and I will recklessly burn without regard to anything other than my own personal comfort. Love the stove and lust over the heat. I take those cold temps by the small sack and slap it with a dose of high end pellets. Whether it be a January deep freeze at what you guys call "shoulder season", I'm going at em with the big guns. Come on cold weather, I'm gonna kick you square in the ding-ding!

:lol: :lol:

I feel the same way. I'm into the mid 30s, I started burning early with a fire here and there in oct. But good part is had to kick furnace on just to make sure it still worked as it had never been on at all. I love my pellet stove!! ;-P

19th bag is in the hopper now. Been burning since the end of September. Keep the stove thermostat at 72*. I am using a bit less than I planned. Furnace is off at the circuit breaker and the vents are all closed to keep the drafts down. I don't plan on using the furnace at all. It can rust and rot in the cellar for all I care.

johnnycomelately said:
I've burned about 30 bags so far but please understand that I am not a good one to use to compare. Afterall, I'm not a pellet pig, I'm a pellet slob, SNIP ....

Yup, no doubt about it, you are something alright, and I think that something is definitely related to us pellet pigs. I know what it is, you are a pellet incinerator.

To the OP bag #30 is in the hopper.

I've had the stove in for about 2 weeks now... 1 bag of LG (yay), 1 bag of Curran (eww), and about 4 or 5 bags of Cubex (ehh)

Small time over here.

25 so far. Haven't used a drop of propane yet this season to heat the house.

Cracked bag number 7 here this morning. Been a fairly mild fall here so far. I've used the wood insert quite a few nights and unfortunately the furnace got kicked on for a couple days when I was out of town.

My score is bags of pellets - 9, oil - 0.

9th bag went in this morning. I am burning Curran here as well. I am hearing that they are not all that great though. Have a few bags coming tomorrow of something different to try. I have 3 tons - 9 bags of Currans to burn. They should hold me over for a while I hope.

I'm at just about 35 or so. The stove is our only heat source for about 3400 sq ft until the temp outside is a consistent 30 and lower. Then I need the oil boiler to make up the difference. O, how I love that pellet heat!

gyingling said:
rideboard147 said:
1 bag... been way above average temps all month

Lucky you, getting to keep your pellet stash.

Ya I keep looking at the stash then the calender and the a/c is running in the house, lol. It's been weird. THats how it is here in Tx though. I should be burning soon enough...

rideboard147 said:
gyingling said:
rideboard147 said:
1 bag... been way above average temps all month

Lucky you, getting to keep your pellet stash.

Ya I keep looking at the stash then the calender and the a/c is running in the house, lol. It's been weird. THats how it is here in Tx though. I should be burning soon enough...

I love pellet heat, but I'll take a/c over worrying over the pellet stove, stash, and all that goes with it anyday. Enjoy it while you got it.

ZERO bags so far.... Love my Heat Pump.... it keeps my money everyday in my pocket away from the greedy pellet industry.

Amaralluis said:
ZERO bags so far.... Love my Heat Pump.... it keeps my money everyday in my pocket away from the greedy pellet industry.

That has to be the oddest post I have ever seen in a forum for pellet heat appliances. That's like going to the wood shed and hating burning wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.