How many bags have you burned this season already?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

referee38

Mar 27, 2011
Eastern Pa
I just counted what I have left and I see I have burned 113 bags so far.

95 is in the hopper today

Just brought in my last bag first ton, burned 20 odd bags in the fall, maybe 20 gallons HHO.

96 bags so far. Last year on this date we had burned 152. It's amazing what a mild winter and better insulation can do for pellet consumption.

Started burning about mid November... at about 68 bags used presently. Have supplemented the pellet burning with some coal and wood burning in another part of the house.

About 2 1/2 tons so far.... but I'm trying to keep my 92 year old mother-in-law from assuming room temperature...

And the winner is...................................drum roll please.....................................203 bags; (but no oil or propane and 2 stoves).

Sorry I added wrong, had to correct

Tom C.

bags 130 and 131 in the hopper now.

*edited to add-

GO GIANTS! BEAT THE RATS!

St_Earl said:
bags 130 and 131 in the hopper now.

*edited to add-

GO GIANTS! BEAT THE RATS!

You will never leave Maine alive. Get out the chipper boys!

mis2.jpg

I started in mid October, About the same every year! Bag 72 and 73 in the hopper. This time last season I was at 115!

Mild winter for sure!

silverfox103 said:
And the winner is...................................drum roll please.....................................203 bags; (but no oil or propane and 2 stoves).

Sorry I added wrong, had to correct

Tom C.

Sorry, Charlie. I'm up around 250 give or take in a St. Croix Revolution furnace, and expect to go through at least 60-80 more. But, I've burned about 10 gallons of oil vs. about 1000 gallons last year at this time.

what in the world are you heating with that many BTU's?! wow!

76 bags mostly turmans

Bag 116, started burning Oct 1..

Cant remember what it was last year, but still no propane : )

SHOC

I'm embarrassed to say, the 37th bag is burning as week speak. The stove has only needed help 2-3 days all season. Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.