How Many BTU's

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugboy

Mar 5, 2007
north-central Kansas
How many BTU's are there in rat feces? I figure I gotta have close to a face cord of it :)

I've got 4 cats and 3 dogs but none of them can dig out the rats.

Before you get too excited, I am way out in the country so they are native "country rats" and not those nasty "town rats".

Bugboy said:
I am way out in the country so they are native "country rats" and not those nasty "town rats".

Yeah - I don't like those nasty thug rats with their pants pulled down and their hats on sideways....

My neighbor has a 12ft. young Burmese python. He would be happy there....

Bugboy said:
I am way out in the country so they are native "country rats" and not those nasty "town rats".

What makes a "Country rat" less nasty than a "town rat"? I dont think Id be happy with either, then again I live in town... so i guess Id have the nastier of the two!

What makes a “Country rat†less nasty than a “town rat�

What they eat

Will

King snakes around my place seem to keep order. Don't have any copperheads either. Each summer the shed snake skins get bigger so pickings must be good.

Remmy122 said:
Bugboy said:

What makes a "Country rat" less nasty than a "town rat"? I dont think Id be happy with either, then again I live in town... so i guess Id have the nastier of the two!

A "country rat" is just part of the ecosystem, kind of like a squirrel that spends less time in the trees. Doesn't carry anymore diseases than a squirrel and tastes about the same %-P

A "town rat" is an introduced disease carrying parasite. Ever hear of the black plague. They are one of the nastiest animals on the planet. Plus they are very tough and taste bad. :snake: The only thing they have going for them is if you can get enough you can make some pretty sweet underwear from their furs. ;-)

Bugboy said:
[quote author="Remmy122" date="1297746639 The only thing they have going for them is if you can get enough you can make some pretty sweet underwear from their furs. ;-)

Oh, thanks a whole lot. I just spit a mouthful of bourbon all over my keyboard.

We used to fight them around corn cribs. About twice per year we'd get a group together and circle the cribs. Then we'd place a water hose in one of the holes. Surprising how many we'd get. Dogs had a ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.