HOW MANY CORDS HAVE YOU BURNED SO FAR THIS YEAR

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
am finishing up 2 cords of oak and walnut that i started burning in November, prior to that i burned 2 cords of ash and maple rounds from when i started burning end of September. So 4 cords since end of September and am now tapping into my hickory and black locust for the coldest months. had been averaging $40 in heat bills with the heat turned off but mid December it started getting into the teens night AND day, I can't tend to the stove while at work all day so turned up the heat a week or so ago. maybe after the 1st of the year i'll turn the heat back off and see how temps go. this is my first full year of having the woodstove [ Regency] so it's a learning process.

About 2/3 of a cord. Half was popple, other half was oak. Started mid nov.

I've been burning since early October. As of Christmas Day I have gone through 1 cord of maple, oak & locust.

I've gone thru just under 2 full cords since September 28th, and we have about 3 2/3's left. Mostly oak with a 1/3 cord of maple and some pine mixed in the whole batch.
I use an average of 2/3 cord every month, with Jan. & Feb. killing the average. The Jan., Feb. thing is pretty SOP for most of us, eh?

3/4 ,mostly scrappy bits and odd pieces. very mild shoulder season.

About 1 Cord since early October. I have a pellet stove in the main part of the house so the Wood Stove gets used mainly at nights.

about 1 cord of boxelder and similar wood. burning just on the weekends.

About 2 cords of oak and some other mixed hardwoods. Wood is moderately seasoned by Hearth.com member standards. We also have an open fireplace (blasphemy!!) that we burn in for ambiance and to waste good money.

First full year of wood stove burning (installed Feb 2009). We burn 12 x 5 (weekdays) and 18 x 2 (weekends).

Only 125-130 gallons of oil so far, and it's been fairly cold this fall/early winter here in MD, been burning since late October.

1.10 cord of pine and soft maple, 6 splits of oak.

around 1 cord or less, oil just for the hot water, started mid October

I have burned like 20 logs sense last week. %-P (just got the stove back online)

Black Locust, Cherry, white birtch and some Ash

A little over 1 cord, mostly maple, pine, cherry. In the last few weeks I was burning some ash and oak because it was cold. I have been saving my good oak for Jan feb then finish up the maple and pine in the spring .

Just finished my first cord some oak mostly ash. Started burning in the middle of November. Also used about 60$ worth of NG. decent for a 2300 Sq ft house that's a 100 years old :)

Just a frog hair over 1 cord and "0" LP for heat!! And a whole lot warmer than years past. This is my first year!!

I think I'm past the one cord mark now and will be going through the wood a little quicker now. It was -28C this morning and the stove was throttled back enough that the gas furnace came on. Still, I'd rather shell out a dollar for gas to have more coals in the morning for a quicker recovery and have a happy wife than see my breath and have a disgruntled wife.

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday morning I awoke to 76 degrees in the house and lots of coals to get the fire rip roaring before the wife got up. She's not happy unless the whole house is at 74 degrees while she gets ready for work. A wood stove can't raise the temp nearly as fast as a 100,000 BTU gas furnace can. She's off work for the holidays now but when she is working, it seems like such a waste to bring the house up to that temp for such a short time but hey, whatever it takes to make her happy.

So far about 1 and a half chords, although the oil heat has come on a bunch of times this winter. we put plastic sheets on some of the windows and watch them inflate on most winter days. :bug:

OK, ARE WE ALL GOING TO START SHOUTING NOW?

Could you guys keep it down in here...I'm trying to read the next thread over. :p Rick

Heating a 1100 sq. foot log home.
Started burning Oct 2nd.

Cord 1 was Dec 15th
An additioinal 1/2 cord up to now

All black spruce, from my property

May go with a stick of maple tonight, -11C with a 80kmh wind out of the northwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.