How many cords you think is there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Post a depth pic. Because what's showing is under 2 cord. If its just the piles.

Now, if they are 30' long, that's another story. But that's like posting a pic of my truck tire, and asking how high from the ground, that my rocker panel is? Do I have a lift, did I cut the fender well?

More pics please.... One with a 460 on the stack would suffice and sooth my needs of CAD for tonight :)

Reactions: firecracker_77
1 1/2 to 2 1/2 cords . . just ballparking though until it gets stacked

Post a depth pic. Because what's showing is under 2 cord. If its just the piles.

Now, if they are 30' long, that's another story. But that's like posting a pic of my truck tire, and asking how high from the ground, that my rocker panel is? Do I have a lift, did I cut the fender well?

I will next weekend. I am don't the camera person. I knew once I posted it that it didn't snow what was there. There is about 16 hrs there x 2 but the second guy don't doing a lot because the rounds areright there.

More pics please.... One with a 460 on the stack would suffice and sooth my needs of CAD for tonight :)
And I would put my 460 up on anyone that is willing to match it. That the 2 stacks are at least 5 cords and should be 6!

Jay pictures never do the heaps justice!

Reactions: ScotO and smokinj
Jay pictures never do the heaps justice!

Rdust your right. This pic should have not been posted with out a side pic. I don't do pics anymore so the snl will be back next week and have him do a side pic.

And I would put my 460 up on anyone that is willing to match it. That the 2 stacks are at least 5 cords and should be 6!

No way.

Yes sir after this many years and my boots are one the ground. Knowning what's there fuel used trucks it took hrs on the splitter. Yep I got a 460 doing nothing. ;)

Each of those mounds could easily be 2 cords, providing there is more wood concealed as you say there is. I know when I've posted pics of my mounds they are almost universally underestimated.

Didn't read all I guessed 1.5

Yes sir after this many years and my boots are one the ground. Knowning what's there fuel used trucks it took hrs on the splitter.
Well, I "liked" BB's post, looking at the 2-D screen, but it's hard to argue with da boots in da sawdust. We shall see....::-)

I've always thought that the camera adds 10-15 pounds, so it mat just look a half cord bigger. ;-p

Reactions: firefighterjake
I'm going to guess 5-6 cords.

I'll put up a nice husky 36 against that outdated 460 ;lol

I'm going to guess 5-6 cords.

I'll put up a nice husky 36 against that outdated 460 ;lol

Well if your betting 5-6 no bet. If you can out run my out dated 460 you have a very fine saw. :)

Reactions: Woody Stover
I'll say 8 and I match your 365 with an old McCulloch weedeater and a late 80's junk Craftsman saw (neither one run)......:p

I got 8 monster rounds to split yet. Half will be in a wood shed and other half around my front pourch. It will be easy enoungto measure. Stacking will begain in Sept.

Does it really matter? It's all going to be ash come spring time any ways :)
I'd say 5.2 cord

Reactions: smokinj
Does it really matter? It's all going to be ash come spring time any ways :)
I'd say 5.2 cord

Your right. Kind of one of those things you know what there and darn sure know who's paying if wrong. Bawhaha my math has never beenbetter though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.