How many days does one ton of pellets last

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burd

Feeling the Heat
Feb 29, 2008
Bell bell Pa.
Hello every one. I hope that every one is enjoying this allsome weather.I'm a newbie at wood burning and I love it.My problem is
in the winter my basement get really cold and I'm thinking of a pellet stove for the basment for those cold brutal days.
Could you pellet burners give me some in sight on how long one ton of pellets last for if burning 24-7
Thank you and be safe

To heat up a cold basement, you are going to have to burn at a decent pace - a guess would be at least 20,000 BTU per hour output.

That means about 3.5 pounds per hour.....or at least over 3 lbs per hour.

That is two bags (80 lbs) in 24 hours - a ton is 50 bags, so you would burn a ton in 25 days at that rate.

Webmaster thank you for the quick response I was just going to use it to take the chile out of the air now and then.Some times it will get about 45 or so down there with out the heater running.I'll have to find a way of pulling heat from the insert to the basement. Any Ideas I can get the rest of the house up to 80+ with the insert if I wanted to Got to love it.

Buy the way this site rocks

I still cant down load pictures and I all ready down louded pica/kodak easy share /

Status
Not open for further replies.