How many ya got left?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ARRGGH down to about 30 bags,.... but it's my first year with the pellet stove and another pallet will get me through until summer

Just added 25 more. Up to 3.5 tons again. I only need to replace what I burn from now until the end of the season. Maybe 30 to 40 bags(I hope).

Pic for proof!

IMG_0042.JPG

Reactions: Brokenwing
48 bags of Okies left. That should get me into April but I'll need some more bags for a chilly evening.

About 1.5 ton MWP softies and .5 ton of MWP blend. Thinking I might want to get more of the blend and save the softies for next year. Burned softies during the deep cold, but for the most part, the blend did a good job for the capacity of that stove.
I got a lot of ash from the softies, not sure why so I am tearing down the stove tonight and getting into the blowers etc.

As of this am, 2 tons AWF, 14 Somersets, 5 Rockies, 3 Presto logs. As of this pm, - 1 bag AWF, + 2 Tons Somersets (for 13-14). Oink.

Just added 25 more. Up to 3.5 tons again. I only need to replace what I burn from now until the end of the season. Maybe 30 to 40 bags(I hope).

Pic for proof!

Showing off the truck every chance you get, J. Not fair, I got truck envy now.

Reactions: jtakeman
5 bags left out of 3 tons. 3 tons is usually enough to last the season. Off to buy and haul another ton home this week

Now I get it. you can only handle partial tons. :p

About 25 bags left here.

It handles full tons too, I have posted pic's in the past. I could only stuff 25 more in as it was all the room I had left. Depending how much we burn from now until spring, I might need a full ton to top off. I'll post a pic so you stiffle yourself Edith! :mad:

I'd haul more if I had a big dump like you. :p

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
It handles full tons too, I have posted pic's in the past. I could only stuff 25 more in as it was all the room I had left. Depending how much we burn from now until spring, I might need a full ton to top off. I'll post a pic so you stiffle yourself Edith! :mad:

I'd haul more if I had a big dump like you. :p
I said you. never questioned the trucks ability. ;)

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
I am surprised that I have used more this year than the previous four years??? I have purchased 5 tons of Turmans this year and currently have 63 bags left. Should be plenty to see me through. I start burning on thermostat mode on cooler nights in mid to late September. I am heating a tri-level with about 2000 square feet. Not the most desirable and efficient floor plan to heat. I suppliment with heat pump on upper levels on colder days. I have been able to keep the heat pump off the supplimentary "heat strips" for most of the winter.

Just purchased a ton of Okies so now have that
plus 10 bags of La Crete. Burned two tons so
far this season, these Okies will be the third. April/May
I'll stock the garage for next year.:)

I guess the planning for the cold time classes need scheduling.

You need more than brews to get through the heating season. There are important things like food, water, fuel, stash protection devices, and toilet paper.

Reactions: Mr. Spock
91 left here. i should be good to go the distance.

You need more than brews to get through the heating season. There are important things like food, water, fuel, stash protection devices, and toilet paper.

the apocalypse date has past, ur in the clear!

.damn double.................. blah

Reactions: jtakeman
So far I have used 244 bags for a daily rate of 1.62. I have 109 bags remaining at that rate I would be short by about 50 bags if I run until the end of May. But I doubt that will happen and the burn rate will slow, Feb. was the second lowest bags per day at 1.11 so far this winter. It's warming up some so the burn rate will slow and I should be fine with what I have. Now time to start looking at next winters stash.....

I tried predicting the bags I would use for the rest of last years winter but like you said, the usage slows down so it is hard to predict. Now I use heating degree days. Last year and this year I have averaged 1.05 pounds per hdd. I can fairly accurately predict the rest of the winter now. I think I will have almost a ton and a half extra.

Would Lignetics @ $240 a ton be considered a good deal? These are the green bags with yellow on them....They were priced all season @ $279, but seems the want to move them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.