how much - 6 trips in a ford f150 8 foot bed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevebass4

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Franklin MA
sunday i was able to scrounge 6 ford f150 with 8 foot beds worth of fresh red oak -

a friend's neighbor had two trees taken down and cut into rounds (albeit it's a tad too long for my stove) anyway first trip we loaded some of the rounds into the truck but figured it would be easier if i just brought my splitter there to split then load my truck

three guys and two girls helped and they would split while me and another guy would drive to my pile and unload. 6 trips from the guys home to my home - now it wasn't fully loaded because the fresh red oak was heavy

anyway i am thinking maybe a cord and 1/2

does that sound about right

again we tossed it onto this years pile so pics wont do any good

the way i see it cord is 4*4*8 - bed is 4*8*let's say 3 and it was about 2/3 full on each trip

I'm thinking you could be closer to 2 cords if they were cut 16" Anyway it sounds like it turned out to be a very smooth operation with all the help...that's important too. 6 full loads is quite an accomplishment so props to you.

savageactor7 said:
I'm thinking you could be closer to 2 cords if they were cut 16" Anyway it sounds like it turned out to be a very smooth operation with all the help...that's important too. 6 full loads is quite an accomplishment so props to you.

+1 maybe a little over 2..

great thanks!! should have it all stacked by end of june

Great haul!

Stacked by June 2010 burned sept 2012. Can't stand oak. Hope you have other seasoned wood in the mean time.

:lol: oh ya that's about right - i should have about ten cord by the time i'm done with this years' work

hmmm, seems like 6 loads in your big truck should be more than 2 cords of wood.

I just got 2 very full loads of oak in my 1985 nissan w/ 6' bed and split and stacked it all into exactly 1 cord - 4'x4'x8' (3 stacks 16" wide x 8' long x 4' high)

also, you must have been seriously haulin a$$ to cut split and stack 6 truck loads in one day???!!! I guess if you had help, but man, thats still alot of wood for one day.

My wood guy fits more than a third of a cord in his f150. I figure that it's like 2/5 with each load, cause it's not a half cord either. 6x 2/5 would be 12/5 or 2 2/5 cords. He loosely tosses it in there, but it heaps up in the middle. I figure if you aren't trying to pack as much as possible in there, then these estimates of about 2 should be on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.