How much do you love the pellet stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickyrick

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2009
Western MA/ Eastern NY
Let me preface this by saying that thanks to my idea of putting in a pellet stove, My wife has turned this into a honey do list from HELL. Remove all the wallpaper downstairs. This necesitates repairing the crappy walls. "Lets paint the trim in that room." OK but now I have to remove and paint all the trim in the house. "Paint the Celling in the room" Ok now the entire downstairs needs to be painted.... You see where this is going? New Curtains, new furnature.....

Get this one. Now she needs to frame all the artwork we have been storring. The good news is she does it herself the bad news there goes another $1,500 for 31 frames, matting etc.

OK she is an architect and her response is that whenever possible when designing homes whe will incorporate a pellet stove or pellet insert unless instructed by the owner not to. When the auger motor died in Dec she just about blew a gasket when the electric heat came on and the temps dropped back to 68*

I love my pellet stove.

Ohh I love my wife more.....

I keep threatening my wife that I will disconnect all the cable channels that carry home improvement shows... except maybe Tool Time...

Yeah our pellet stove somehow meant we needed to paint the walls, ceiling, and add crown molding. All I wanted to do was add a ceiling fan! :) But, for some reason we had to "redo" the room...

The wife definitly loves the pellet stove--so much that she complains when I shut it off a couple hours every week to clean it!

Trickyrick said:
Let me preface this by saying that thanks to my idea of putting in a pellet stove, My wife has turned this into a honey do list from HELL. Remove all the wallpaper downstairs. This necesitates repairing the crappy walls. "Lets paint the trim in that room." OK but now I have to remove and paint all the trim in the house. "Paint the Celling in the room" Ok now the entire downstairs needs to be painted.... You see where this is going? New Curtains, new furnature.....

Get this one. Now she needs to frame all the artwork we have been storring. The good news is she does it herself the bad news there goes another $1,500 for 31 frames, matting etc.

OK she is an architect and her response is that whenever possible when designing homes whe will incorporate a pellet stove or pellet insert unless instructed by the owner not to. When the auger motor died in Dec she just about blew a gasket when the electric heat came on and the temps dropped back to 68*

I love my pellet stove.

Ohh I love my wife more.....

Sounds like you need to invest in new gaskets not framing material, etc ....

My wife loves the pellet stove. So much that she will just stand in front of it allowing the hot air to blow on her backside. I call her a "heat hog". However in my evil scheme the warmer it gets in the house the less clothing she wears :)

Flammam said:
My wife loves the pellet stove. So much that she will just stand in front of it allowing the hot air to blow on her backside. I call her a "heat hog". However in my evil scheme the warmer it gets in the house the less clothing she wears :)

I would be buying a second stove!!

i had to build a her a house in order to have a pellet stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.