How much do you NC 30 owners fiddle with your baffles?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astrodon

Dec 2, 2007
MI
Every time I reload, I have to slide my baffles about 1/8th to 1/4 of an inch to the back and to the right. I don't know why they keep moving but it drives me nuts. There was a bit of a gap when I bought the stove new so I put a length of extra door gasket along the right side to help fill it up some. For some reason, even a little gap between the 2 baffles really bothers me. Does it make that much of a difference? Am I too anal about this and should I just leave them be? How often do you guys have to straighten out your baffles?

Thanks

Never touch mine other than at install or cleaning. I have not noticed them moving anywhere.

I put a piece of gasket on the the left side to take up the slack a long time ago too. I haven't had any problems with them moving forward though.

Status
Not open for further replies.