How Much For A 011?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
My best buddy needs a small saw for yard work but is too cheap to buy a good new one. I was thinking of offering him my Stihl 011. It's a good little saw that hasn't seen maybe 20 cord in the 22 years I've owned it. I've taken real good care of it and recently had a new fuel line and oiler put in it. It runs strong for a small saw and always starts on the third pull. What's a fair price? Bear in mind that this guy has plenty of money, just is afraid of dying with one less million. In other words, he ain't getting no special deal, just a fair price for a good running saw.

Beetle-Kill said:
Local CL had one for $150.00. I picked up a very clean 011AV for $150.00. I say $150.00.

I agree...........But he will never get to walk away from that saw! lol

$150 is what I was thinking. It has at least $25 worth of sentimental value to me. Maybe $175. That'll pay for me sharpening his chain for the summer at any rate. If he straight gases it, all bets are off.

I ain't too worried about him bugging about it. Last year I gave him a real good deal on my old Mac computer. $300 loaded with about $5000 worth of high-end design software. I asked him how it was doing. "Oh, it wouldn't start so we threw it out." "What??? Did you press the reset button on the motherboard?" "No. Forgot about that." "Did you bring it to the Apple store in Albany to have the Mac Geniuses look at it?" "No. Forgot I could do that, too."

300 clams down the crapper when I'm sure the techs at the store would have had it up and running in two minutes, blown all the dust out of it as well. All free of charge.

No, if that saw stops running I'll see it sitting on top of his garbage can on collection day. Then he'll hit Craigslist and snag one of those purple and yaller things with a scored piston.

Battenkiller said:
$150 is what I was thinking. It has at least $25 worth of sentimental value to me. Maybe $175. That'll pay for me sharpening his chain for the summer at any rate. If he straight gases it, all bets are off.

I ain't too worried about him bugging about it. Last year I gave him a real good deal on my old Mac computer. $300 loaded with about $5000 worth of high-end design software. I asked him how it was doing. "Oh, it wouldn't start so we threw it out." "What??? Did you press the reset button on the motherboard?" "No. Forgot about that." "Did you bring it to the Apple store in Albany to have the Mac Geniuses look at it?" "No. Forgot I could do that, too."

300 clams down the crapper when I'm sure the techs at the store would have had it up and running in two minutes, blown all the dust out of it as well. All free of charge.

No, if that saw stops running I'll see it sitting on top of his garbage can on collection day. Then he'll hit Craigslist and snag one of those purple and yaller things with a scored piston.

300.00 then! :lol:

smokinjay said:
Battenkiller said:

300.00 then! :lol:

Bingo! Sold!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.