How Much for Harman XXV Cntrol Board???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdaniel

Nov 15, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Just got a quote from Higgins Energy in Barre Mass for a control board for my 2005 Harman XXV, they quoted a price of $178. Does this seem in line or can I find it cheaper someplace else?

Seems like a reasonable price for the board. I've seen the prices fluctuate from $145 - $190 between shops.

I've always gotten my best prices locally from Home and Hearth in Hampton Falls NH 603-926-2084

part #1-00-05886 $183.30

control board 1-00-05886 $148.33 plus shipping

Eric

Installed new control board today, everything seemed fine but just checked it and there is a 3 blink status error. This refers to ESP probe problem but what does this mean? Do I also need a new ESP probe? It is running with this error flashing; is there any problems that can happen from this?

if your esp probe wire is red #5 dip switch should be on if wire is not red it should be off

I'm not sure what you are referring to. The wire attached to the probe is white and going into the control board is white also. I have just picked up an ESP replacement kit (black). I have no idea if this is an ESP problem but my glass on the stove is black!!! I have never had such dirty glass; is this caused by faulty ESP? Everything else seems to be running fine and also not too much ash (at least no more than normal). I will replace the ESP probe when the stove shuts down and then see if the blink error is gone.

3 blinks usually means you just gotta unplug the stove and plug it back in to reset the software. If it doesn't go away I will agree with the dip switch on the CB in position #5 is likely in the wrong spot, confusing the CB. YOu glass getting dirty is most likely not related to the ESP, but Draft. Also could just be ash stuck in the air wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.