How much have you burned this season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scfa99

How much have you burned so far?

What state/province?

What month did you start burning regularly?

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal)

What type of woodburner are you: 24/7, medium whenever you home, casual

What sqft?

How much you have left in your pile?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've burned a little under a cord so far, mostly all my medium grade wood (black walnut, lil poplar). Saving the oak, shag hickory, ash for real cold.

NJ

Started regular burning in mid oct off and on depending on weather.

Temps have been above normal, but we've had some cold streaks too.

When its in the 40's and below we've been burning 24/7, if its warm during the day and cools down at night i'll kick it off in the pm, load it before going to bed but i won't relight in the morning.

2800 sqft home

Have 6-7 cords left, not sure exactly haven't measured.

SCFA said:

What state/province?

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal)

What sqft?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've burned a little under a cord so far, mostly all my medium grade wood (black walnut, lil poplar). Saving the oak, shag hickory, ash for real cold.

NJ

Started regular burning in mid oct off and on depending on weather.

Temps have been above normal, but we've had some cold streaks too.

When its in the 40's and below we've been burning 24/7, if its warm during the day and cools down at night i'll kick it off in the pm, load it before going to bed but i won't relight in the morning.

2800 sqft home

Have 6-7 cords left, not sure exactly haven't measured.

In NY and so far have burned about 1.5 cords but a fair amount of that wood was low BTU wood like pine and some other wood that is as light as the pine but has bright red streaks in it. Heating 24/7 when needed, evening fire when warmer.
Scrounging has kept the pile at the same level, so have about 11 cords in the yard. Temps? same as you.

About 1.5 cords mixed hardwood ( oak, ash, hickory)

Southeastern CT

This year started regular burns in mid October

Overall weather has been about normal I think, although since Thanksgiving its been ridiculously warm

24/7 burner when needed, fire is out now, looking at almost 60 here today for outside temps.

about 2400sf

Have about 10 cords on hand, but 2 of that has been scrounged wood this fall, ripening for the 07/08 burning season

- Maybe 1/4 cord

What state/province?
- Kansas, USA

- Haven't really been burning "regularly" so far this year. Usually just a small fire in the evening to take the chill off

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal) -
Seems to be warmer, but have had some cold spells, too

- When ever ome

What sqft?
- 1600 main, 1600 basement

- 1-1/2 cords or so

Corey

About 3/4 of a cord in northern MA. Im an all-day burner when working from home (5 days a week on average). Heating about 2500 sq ft, but the area to heat is inconsequential to the amount of fuel I burn. The stove is either lit and heats whatever sections I feel like heating/using, or off when I dont need any heat or use a miniscule amount of oil in the furnace to bring the house up to temp in the morning where it will stay for many hours.

Late october was chilly, so we were off to a good start, but then it got warm again around turkey time. Cool again for a bit, but now it's 50 again, so I let a quick, hot fire from last nite burn out and probably wont relight today.

I have four 16' racks of seasoned wood remaining, I've gone through one rack so far. Also got a rack of wood that isnt quite seasoned yet, but its been seasoning for several months in good sunlight & air circulation and could be an emergency supply in march if needed. Hoping that's the start of next years pile. Got a grapple load coming soon for next years supply.

How much have you burned so far? about 1/3 cord

What state/province? central Virginia

What month did you start burning regularly? mid-October

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal) normal

What type of woodburner are you: 24/7, medium whenever you home, casual whenever home

What sqft? ~1850

How much you have left in your pile? only 1/2 cord left ready for this year :( chit, I might need to buy some seasoned wood

burned about 0.6 cord. (0.4 in Warren's pine, 0.2 in locust)

NY about 5 miles from Warren.

Still not burning regularly. First stove, so kind of anxious. Began doing some burning in August/Sept. may burn 24/7 for a couple days, then nothing for a couple.

Warmer than normal

Heating 24/7 when needed, evening fire when warmer.

1350 sq ft

2 seasoned cords remaining, 2 more split this summer. got another cord or so of logs to cut and split.

Getting 45% more degree days per gallon of propane as compared to last year. The goal was a 50% cost reduction.

How much have you burned so far? 1 1/2 cord

What state/province? NW Wisc

What month did you start burning regularly? mid Oct.

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal) Much Warmer than Normal

What type of woodburner are you: 24/7, medium whenever you home, casual Full Time 24/7

What sqft? 1850 sgft

How much you have left in your pile? 3/4

T

What state/province? NJ

What month did you start burning regularly? Nov

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal) Much Warmer than Normal

What type of woodburner are you: 24/7, medium whenever you home, casual Full Time 24/7

What sqft? 3300 sgft

How much you have left in your pile? 20 cords

Dean

DeanB said:

What state/province? NJ

What month did you start burning regularly? Nov

What sqft? 3300 sgft

How much you have left in your pile? 20 cords

Dean

Good grief that's a distracting avatar!!!!!!! :)

I've burned a little over two cords since the beginning of Oct in Big Moe. It was pretty wet stuff. I'm in northern CT. and the weather has not been all that cold. I just don't want to hear the furnace run and we like a warm house. I believe I am burning less wood since I picked up some wood burning technique from reading this site the past few weeks. :cheese:

I've been waiting at least three weeks for some Bio Bricks to arrive but I don't know what the problem is. I think I am going to cancel the order and just get some more firewood. Most of the wood I have on hand won't be ready until next season.

I've burned 1 cord and have 4 more ready to burn. I don't think I'll need more than 2 more.
Started burning in Oct with occasional fires in the evenings, burn 24/7 when the high temp dips below 30. So far the weather has been up and down. Seems like it goes week by week, either below ave, ave, or above ave. I heat 1800 sq ft with the stove located in finished basement.

DeanB, nice avatar, I could watch that all day!

What state/province? Virginia

What month did you start burning regularly? October

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal): Warmer than normal

What type of woodburner are you: 24/7

What sqft? 2,500 sq ft main and second floor. 1,100 sq ft basement office/business storage.

How much you have left in your pile? Six cords

Burning three stoves. One in the basement office and one on the first floor of the house. Small wood stove in the warehouse. Coming up on burning two cords. Half hardwood and half pine.

How much have you burned so far? Roughly 2/3 of a cord. Mixed stuff, mostly hardwood, half cut / split early this spring, half left over from last season. I've almost used up the last of the leftovers and am starting on the stuff I split last spring. From here on out, I'll be burning stuff that's about 9 months split, working towards the stuff I split in Sept as the season goes on. All is in woodsheds so should be fairly dry.

What state/province? MA, about 30 miles south of the NH border

What month did you start burning regularly? Late Oct, early Nov. It's been sporadic due to wierd weather

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal)? Mostly much warmer than normal

What type of woodburner are you: 24/7, medium whenever you home, casual? Mostly 24/7 unless gone for extended periods, objective is to never let the furnace come on.

What sqft? Approx 1800 between 1st and 2nd floors, 1100 in the basement that we don't really try to heat.

How much you have left in your pile? Between 6 and 7 cords of cut and split in the woodsheds, about two cords more in rounds that aren't split, but are covered. I'm planning to burn about 4 cords total if we have a normal winter.

Gooserider

How much have you burned so far? little over 1 cord

What state/province? Eastern Nebraska

What month did you start burning regularly? Mid October

Weather (colder than normal, normal, warmer than normal) Average to warmer

What type of woodburner are you: 24/7, medium whenever you home, casual 27/7 100% wood heat

What sqft? 1800sf 2 story

How much you have left in your pile? little over 15 cords

When you have 4 years worth of wood on-hand and burning a EPA stove that burns 1/3 less wood you tend to run the house temp a little warmer than normal in the Fall, Winter . We are running almost 4° warmer inhouse the past few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.