How much have you burned to date?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone thru 2 cord so far this season. Almost all has been EVIL pine.

Been burning 24/7 since end of September. Burned 2 or 3 cord of punk, junk, shorties and uglies.

Burned about 2/3 pallet of uglies and 1/3 cord of red maple. Not even close to the 3 cord red oak, beech, black and yellow birch for the real winter. Very nice to see the stacks staying high! Cheers!

basswidow said:
2/3 a cord - mostly junk wood. I've been setting my oak and cherry splits aside and burning ash and others. We had 17 days of above average temps in Nov and Dec. Winter comes around at night - but still nice during the day. May have left over wood at the end of the season - that's a bonus!

I'd be setting aside the oak and ash, and burning the cherry now. Cheers!

I've burned just over a cord. 80% white oak, 20% Douglas fir.

Oregon Bigfoot

Probably burned about 2/3 cord since late September. Only started real 24/7 this week. 1800 poorly insulated and drafty sqft. I've been burning Black Locust, some Ash and a little White Oak. Being a wood snob, I don't have any junk for the shoulder season. I feel like I should go out looking for some junk wood. The warm weather has saved plenty of wood and propane. I have not turned on the upstairs heat zones yet. the downstairs has been on for a few weeks now at 65. The far end (from the stove) of the downstairs needs help from the furnace until I do some serious weather sealing/insulating or go with a second stove.

I've burned a little over a cord - wood being my only source of heat. House is 1800 sq. ft. with stove in basement. So far it's been mild here but that is changing this week. Woke up to 16 degrees this morning so the wood consumption is going to pick up big time!

I'm guessing around a cord so far, mostly silver maple but mixed in some oak or ash on the few colder days/nights we've had. I'll take a better look at the stacks next time I'm out in the daylight to see how much I've burned.

I use to have an old smoke dragon add-a-furnace in the basement, I would go through a 55gal plastic barrel of wood per day and be lucky to keep the shack 60deg. This Oct. I installed an older 0028 VC Defiant Encore on the main level. Now I am maintaining 70-75deg on the main level (1000sqft) and have only gone through about 1 cord since Oct. Have not turned on the gas furnace yet. One year I recieved notice from the utility co. to check and change out my meter as it was not registering any natural gas consumption, I was smiling like a chesire cat when I explained I had a wod burner, there was nothing wrong with the meter I just had not used the furnace yet, :coolsmile: °F :exclaim:

Ive burned about 1/2 cord. I wouldnt count on this mild weather lasting right through the winter, maybe til the end of the month but I have a feeling Jan and Feb will be s different story.

I have burned a cord of lodge pole pine since October. House is a 2500 sq foot ranch on a walk out basement with decent insulation and new doors. I still need to do the windows next summer. I have had a couple of nights below zero and I fired up the basement stove with uglies and shorts. So far the Fire view is living up to all expectations. I have not turned on the propane furnace and have no plans to. My tank is @70% left over from last winter. Depending on how this winter goes I may not even buy any coal for the basement stove this year either.

One helluva a lot less than last year.

I'm happy.

A bit more than 1/3 of a cord ... about half of what we had burned last year at this time.

Burned mostly walnut and cherry and a little elm ... saving the oak and locust and hickory for January and February!

Still on gas. Every time i get close to buying all the copper to finish up the boiler the wifes cummins needs more parts. Grr i hate it when that gas meter runs.

1 1/2 cord. mostly cottonwood. mixed batch here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.