1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

How much in a truck load

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by wingsfan, Apr 2, 2011.

1. wingsfan

wingsfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Jackson,Mi.
    Seen a guy today that sells 8-20 inch hardwood rounds that are 16-20 inches long, for $35 a (not stacked,his words, but thrown in) truck load. After I split this load , approxamatly how much wood ,would a wood chuck chuck,,,Just had to say that,LOL.how much sould I get not worried about length. Maybe a face cord size, or would I get more than that? Thanks for any info.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. leaddog

leaddog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hesperia, Michigan
    depends on the truck. I just got 5 loads of oak delivered. the truck was a 8x20x42in bed. It was stacked front, back,and sides with the center dumped in. He said it was a good 3 cords. I think closer to 3 1/2. I paid $300 a load. He and his brother cut and deliver a truck load a day. I've got lots of wood here on my place but I don't see how I can go wrong with this deal. It's 8in and smaller and all cut to 18in. I thought he must use a prossser as it is so even but no he hand cuts it. They are clear cutting a huge area so it is fast cutting but 3 cord a day delivered is more work than I want to do.
    Trucks come in all sizes.
    leaddog
  3. wingsfan

wingsfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Jackson,Mi.
    Don't answer this post, I just seen the same question posted earlier. I'll find out there.