How much in a truck load

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wingsfan

Feeling the Heat
Dec 1, 2008
Jackson,Mi.
Seen a guy today that sells 8-20 inch hardwood rounds that are 16-20 inches long, for $35 a (not stacked,his words, but thrown in) truck load. After I split this load , approxamatly how much wood ,would a wood chuck chuck,,,Just had to say that,LOL.how much sould I get not worried about length. Maybe a face cord size, or would I get more than that? Thanks for any info.

depends on the truck. I just got 5 loads of oak delivered. the truck was a 8x20x42in bed. It was stacked front, back,and sides with the center dumped in. He said it was a good 3 cords. I think closer to 3 1/2. I paid $300 a load. He and his brother cut and deliver a truck load a day. I've got lots of wood here on my place but I don't see how I can go wrong with this deal. It's 8in and smaller and all cut to 18in. I thought he must use a prossser as it is so even but no he hand cuts it. They are clear cutting a huge area so it is fast cutting but 3 cord a day delivered is more work than I want to do.
Trucks come in all sizes.
leaddog

Don't answer this post, I just seen the same question posted earlier. I'll find out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.