how much in your pelet stash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
23 bags stashed around the house (no room to store a ton yet). Stove installed 12/29/10 and I just dumped bag #27 in tonight :)

not enough, as of today I only have 36 bags left. Buying a ton or 2 after my taxes come in.

18 tons left, I burn about 1 ton per month
nov, dec, jan, feb and into march
when 4 tons is used up the stove goes off
my heat pump is cheaper oct and mid march
based on temps. of course

15 bags of Westwoods
25 bags of North Idaho Energy Pellets
12 bags of Atlas Ultra Premium.

I should make it through the season, however I will be buying another ton of Westwoods as the prices has dropped to $159/ton......I'd buy more but I don't have the space.

88 bags of Barefoots left. Building a Taj Mahal Shed when the snow melts and jammin' the f--- full of pellets! I want a 4 ton RESERVE! Shed should be around a 20 x20... with a loft!

Augustine said:
88 bags of Barefoots left. Building a Taj Mahal Shed when the snow melts and jammin' the f--- full of pellets! I want a 4 ton RESERVE! Shed should be around a 20 x20... with a loft!
If I calculated your shed dimensions correctly you can get around 25 tons in there single stacked, lots more double stacked.

1/2 ton give or take left in the basement (started with 4 ton)
6 tons sitting in the driveway under 2 tarps waiting for me to haul into the basement...

Burned about 2 tons so far this year.

Have left
3/4 ton Okanagan's
1/2 ton Premier (Appalachian Hardwood)
20 bags Vermont's

Gonna get me some more before the prices jump up with oil this spring.

---Nailer---

I am in good shape with over 1/ 1/2 tons of Lignetics Presto logs
1/2 ton of Hamer's
1 ton Stove chow
just over a ton of Okenagan's
and about 10 bags of SIH 's That should be about 3/4 of what i will need for next year, but i am on the lookout for some more big box deals.

One ton of Atlas ultras left and a few bags of blazers.Going to get one more ton of blazer for good measure.I printed off a 10 percent moving coupon off the internet.

13 bags out of 4 ton left. picking up a ton when taxes come in...will work on replenishing when the overtime picks up.

I started with 5 tons and a full 275 gallon tank of oil. Still have about 70 bags left and over 1/2 tank oil. Should just about make it I think.

Started with 3 tons in mid December. Still have 68 bags, and will pick up 1 more ton soon. Its been a long cold winter, but I'm warm and happy with my pellet stove!!! Best thing I've done in quite a while.

Have about 1 ton of AWFs in garage. Will be hunting another ton soon. I have used three and a half ton to this point. Been much colder than usual this year.

We started with 4 tons in the middle of October...
Got one full ton & 8 bags of Clean Fires left. When they're gone I may
pick up a bag or two (or five) at a time from the hearth shop I work at.
No more tonnage til next fall...

I have about 3.5 ton left.
Based on my average use in previous years, I expect to have about 1.5 ton of
leftovers by seasons end.

FordMastertech said:
Augustine said:
If I calculated your shed dimensions correctly you can get around 25 tons in there single stacked, lots more double stacked.

Shhhhh! Don't tell the wife.... I am planning to sink at least 10+ tons, 1.5 ton stacks in the new structure.... Priceless!!! :)

31 bags, just put order in for 3 ton Energex.

Have about 1 ton left in total, 1/2 ton of Stove Chow and 1/2 ton of Pennington's Nature's Heat. Started with just over 1.5 tons in late December when my pellet furnace was first installed, I've gone through roughly 25 bags since Jan. 1st. Milder temps are in the forecast for next week (up near 50°F is possible later on next week), I'm fairly confident a ton will get me through the rest of the season. I go through about 4 or 5 bags per week. Next year I will probably order 2 tons for the season, if the Winter ends up being cold like this one, I'll probably add another 1/2 ton to my stash in January.

Looks like we have 2 tons left out of the original 4. Dealer will be taking orders for next year starting in April.

15 bags of Bayou, 4 bags of rocky mountains, 1 bag of heat resources.... I need to stock up soon

36 bags of Hamer Hot One's ... going to pick up another ton of something to get through the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.