How much is a used Quad Mt Vernon AE with updates worth??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGISLANDHIKERS

Feeling the Heat
Sep 12, 2007
Looking to sell my Mt Vernon AE. It has had all the updates on it. I am on my third season with it. Looked around and have not found any for sale. Any idea what I should ask for it?

Thanks
BIH

BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
Looking to sell my Mt Vernon AE. It has had all the updates on it. I am on my third season with it. Looked around and have not found any for sale. Any idea what I should ask for it?

Thanks
BIH

I'll give ya $32.18 if ya clean it and deliver it and bring it in the house and hook it up for me. Any pellets with that?

I'll give ya $33 but thats it, after all the problems you've had with that thing.

hossthehermit and no pane....thanks for the great feedbacks....they were very helpful.

BIH

BIGISLANDHIKERS said:

Thanks
BIH

Hard to say....what did you REALLY pay for it?

About $4200 Installed I believe. With all the updates it has been working well but I think I will make this my last season with it. Very interested in replacing with the Enviro omega or a furnace type.

BIH

BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
About $4200 Installed I believe. With all the updates it has been working well but I think I will make this my last season with it. Very interested in replacing with the Enviro omega or a furnace type.

BIH

How much was the stove? (not including the install cost, unless you plan on cutting part of the house off to go with the stove :lol: )

I saw one 4 years old on Ebay for 1300+ $

I bought one of the first ones out and got real good at switching boards and wall controls. The last board and Wall control seemed to make it work pretty good.
I sold it for 2800 which was my purchase price. the new owner is on his second year with no problems. He burns pellets.
I bought it basically because I wanted 60,000 btu and liked the looks. Found out later I didn't like the dinky ash pan and the fact it had to shut down every time it dumped a clinker.
I bought a Bixby to replace it and been on the third year with it.

rona said:
I bought one of the first ones out and got real good at switching boards and wall controls. The last board and Wall control seemed to make it work pretty good.
I sold it for 2800 which was my purchase price. the new owner is on his second year with no problems. He burns pellets.
I bought it basically because I wanted 60,000 btu and liked the looks. Found out later I didn't like the dinky ash pan and the fact it had to shut down every time it dumped a clinker.
I bought a Bixby to replace it and been on the third year with it.

Those are my biggest gripes with the stove also. I don't like the way it autocleans....it doesn't leave much room for error. The stove has been running really well most of last season and so far this winter.

I am hoping to get $2,000 for it and using that towards the Omega.

BIH

Reactions: ronniec
BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
......I am hoping to get $2,000 for it and using that towards the Omega.
IMO, that is a fair price for that stove, given the age & the updates you have done to it.

From everything I read on here, the Omega is a great stove. Can't say that I can remember even one thread from anyone that had a problem with one either.

BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
hossthehermit and no pane....thanks for the great feedbacks....they were very helpful.

BIH

If I can't sell it I may take you up on your offers :) I'll need your help moving it into your house though please.

Status
Not open for further replies.