How much is here ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud21

Dec 10, 2008
Central Indiana
Any idea how much is here. I don't have it stacked but it is about 3 paces by 11 paces prob around 4-5 tall. Normal guy 5'10" so no long paces here. My friend was clearing a lot for a house and I got about half the wood. I missed the 1st weekend or I would still be moving it from my driveway. Will it dry like this if I don't want to stack it this year, I have next years wood already stacked at my house and dont want to move it more than needed.

Attachments

• DSCN1262.JPG
    DSCN1262.JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 539
  • DSCN1263.JPG
    DSCN1263.JPG
    196.7 KB · Views: 545
OK, I'll play. 7 cords. If you are in good shape for next year, let it be. I myself would get it off the ground, and stack it. A few friends, a few beers, a few more beers. You see where this is going. You can't buy seasoning time.

KC

I'd say between 8-9 cords

I'm 5'-9", I guess that makes me sub-normal. Always hard to tell from a pic, but it's a good sized pile of wood. Could be 6 cords or better there, I s'pose. I'd just leave it the way it is (other than splitting those rounds)...it's already seasoning just the way it sits. Rick

Just trying to get an idea. Thanks for the response. I need to get the rounds split up but it was all in my driveway and I wanted to get it moved to my secret wood lot to sit until I could burn it. I still have some old rounds behind the pile that need split up for next year.

Bud21 said:
Just trying to get an idea. Thanks for the response. I need to get the rounds split up but it was all in my driveway and I wanted to get it moved to my secret wood lot to sit until I could burn it. I still have some old rounds behind the pile that need split up for next year.

why type with us when you could be splitting and postin' pictures!!!!!!!!:)
ps i will need a pickup, trailer and some beer ... then once i load up i will gladley tell you , you got about 3.5-5 cords left!!!

I needed some time off for beer and my back. The 1st few day were spent cutting large rounds into length and splitting the pile that I have. Unfortunatley it all had to be moved from my house to another location so I didnt have to park my cars in the grass.

6-7 is the best guess, not much of a reference to go by in the picture. Call it a seasons of burning :) Or a Frinkle...

I'd guess 8+, I'm about the same height and one of my paces is 3 feet so figure 30x9x4. I say if you're good on next seasons wood leave it the way it sits. When I get a year ahead I'm going to start doing it the same way although I may throw it on some pallets.

Bud wood will season like that. But it's best done on a bed of gravel or really super sandy soil so the bottom pieces don't wick up moisture. hummm...that's a big pile there 5 or 6 cord?

Ok, I'll bite; 9 cords.

Like Savageactor said, where the wood is now piled is not good. It is still best to get it stacked. If you want to stack it right there, then cut some poles to lay for the bottom or use landscape timbers or something similar to get the wood off the ground.

Made me tired just looking at all that work. Good job.

6 cords split and maybe another 2 not

Status
Not open for further replies.