How much should I offer for this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was driving by there I might offer to get it off his lawn for him and burn it in my stove.

Bring your truck down to MD. I'll fill it for 75 bucks. All Oak and some other semi hardwoods.

I would offer to take it off his hands but not pay for it. Not that much there anyhow. Of course I have all the wood I can cut free for the taking. That little pile hardly seems worth the trip to pick it up.

The sad reality is that someone will probably pay more than it's worth for it.

Yeah, I wanna buy those twigs! I think I could walk down any street around here and pickup more wood than that pile. Another funny aspect to this story is this place http://www.weaberlumber.com/Logs/tabid/1657/Default.aspx is practically in his back yard. They offer free triaxle loads of stumps, cut offs, and ends. Free = pay driver his fee which was $100 about 3 years ago and I think it is now around $150-$180. Free also = way more work than nice straight logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.