How much Slant fin?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nporter

Nov 18, 2007
Midcoast Maine
How many feet of baseboard can one amass in one zone? I have a Tarm 30 with storage, 3/4" copper pipe, and a need to expand a zone that has 30' at this time and would like to add 20' to this existing zone. Is this a no no? (The space has grown recently and needs some of that good wood generated heat in this new space)

If this is not possible:

Is there a simple way to put a Y in an existing zone to establish a second zone?

Thanks,

Than

Is this the math for that result? 3/4" at 4 gpm rating and delta-T = 20 is 40,000 btu; baseboard is 500-600 btu/ft; 40,000/600 = 67 ft.

I suspect that the issue is temperature drop. The longer the loop, the cooler the water is by the time it reaches the last baseboard. If that's the one that keeps your wife's feet warm, it's not a pretty sight.

Any possibility to add another parallel zone?

nofossil said:
I suspect that the issue is temperature drop. The longer the loop, the cooler the water is by the time it reaches the last baseboard. If that's the one that keeps your wife's feet warm, it's not a pretty sight.

Any possibility to add another parallel zone?

We all are ruled by " All i got to do, is keep my wife warm, and life is good." If she ain't happy, you ain't happy! :) Sorry to high jack the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.