How Much To Ask

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
The wife is pushing me to replace the wood insert with a pellet insert after this burning season. With that in mind, how much should I ask for a 2 y/o Timberwolf TW-2 with 4-way wedge and outfeed table that has seen maybe 10 cords so far?

Thanks,

Mike

I don't know much about the unit you're trying to sell. All I can tell you is what a wise old man once told me; "Boy, don't never be afeared to ask too much or offer too little!"==c

Only 10 cord on it should be almost new. I would ask close to what it costs new. And I think I would sell now while people still looking rather than waiting until burning season is over.

I paid ~ $3400 when new including the outfeed table. I was thinking about asking $2750 or so. Sound reasonable?

I think that sounds like a really good price for a lightly used splitter. Mine has over 10 cord split on it and it still looks new. Buyers should think it is priced well.

Thanks Sean, appreciate the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.