How much TSP?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RISurfer20

May 12, 2007
This week will be my last week of burning. I plan on adding some tsp to the coals to help decrease creosote buildup and make sweeping a little easier. Any recommendations as to how much tsp to add to the creosote? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

You might want to enter TSP in the search forums window. Think this came up recently and it wasn't recommended.

Did a quick search and found a good thread on using TSP(second page) Sounds ok afterall - just a matter of what to use. Sounds like the Rutland brand products work well.

I use the rutland brand there are directions on the package.

What size scoop does Rutland use? I'm just trying to figue out how many tablespoons are needed.

It doesnt come with a scoop but I believe the measurement is 2 tablespoons per use.

My Rutland scoope is 29.6cc same as a coffee scope. Say's to use one scoope on hot coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.