How much weight can a pallet hold?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jm15

Feb 22, 2012
CT
I bought 3 tons of Green Supreme (got a great deal). I wanted to condense the 3 stacks into 2. Any issues with a pallet holding 1.5 tons? Thanks in advance.

I load 2 ton on each pallet in my garage, so you should have no problem.

If you're not planning on trying to move it with a fork lift or something...load 'er up. Rick

I have 2 tons sitting on a skid in my basement with no issues. This on is made of Oak. I have one made of pine and it has 1.5 tons sitting on it. I just keep using the same skids too. Lost track of how long I've had them. I haul enough stuff up and down the basement steps, So they are there until they root! ==c

I know, buddy...just kiddin'...yer a fart smeller, we all know that.

Thanks guys. It seemed like it was fine. It's just that the pallets are next to my car and more importantly my bike. I didn't want any surprises when I opened my door to the garage.

Thanks guys. It seemed like it was fine. It's just that the pallets are next to my car and more importantly my bike. I didn't want any surprises when I opened my door to the garage.

Just be careful stacking them. Get them flat as you can(settle some of the air out of the bags). You should be fine. Where I have issues is trying to get them off the stack. I have had a bag follow the one I was tugging on. I use a set stool/ladder now!

40 pounds of pellets hitting the floor(from that high up) in a cheap whimp bag makes a dandy mess! ;em

Mine are right next to my bike too. Make sure to re stack them the way they are from the factory, if they are overlapped, the will tie each other in be more solidly stacked.

Mine are right next to my bike too. Make sure to re stack them the way they are from the factory, if they are overlapped, the will tie each other in be more solidly stacked.

I left two tons wrapped and stacked a half a ton like they were from the factory. I made sure they were solid next to the bike.

we have pallets of whey powder that are 2200 each we stack three high in the warehouse.

No whey, Jose! :rolleyes:

I allways stack next to wifes car 2.5 to 3 ton interlocked stacking on 1.5 custom pallet. dont need to worry this year if falls an the hog or not, its totaled after a 17 drive over at stoplight in aug.

Status
Not open for further replies.