How much? Who do I pay? To rid my life of these advertisements here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I use the mobile website sometimes and the ads pop off the edge of the screen where you can't reach the X to close it... And I haven't found an ad blocker that works properly on my phone

Lol. On my iPhone it pops up an ad between every link you follow. So if I click on a thread etc I have to go through an ad page first

It’s not terrible once you get used to it. I’d still rather have a completely free site.

I’m on an audio forum and they push the subscription to the site. But also on that site there are a lot more ads if you aren’t logged in. I’m not sure if being logged in here affects the ads. I’m just always logged in.

There’s a Tom Petty lyric that goes

“As we celebrate mediocrity, all the boys upstairs want to see
How much you'll pay for what you used to get for free”

Management must have calculated more profit by having fewer forum members willing to tolerate the aggressive pop ups than the profit from more members willing to deal with normal passive advertising.

Have you noticed a drop in traffic?

ahhh its only 37 ads when you come to the site..LOL.. yet they make me log in and verify myself every 30 days because they say my email is compromised..LOL

ahhh its only 37 ads when you come to the site..LOL.. yet they make me log in and verify myself every 30 days because they say my email is compromised..LOL
Change the password to something more robust.

These pop up adds and banners are crazy. This is the 1st time i've seen them on my computer. How do i get rid of them?

I just opened again and the banners have gone away. Maybe my add blocker had a bug?
Anyway all back to normal now.