How Much Wood Do You Burn / Season Survey

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

How much wood do you burn during an average season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
granpajohn said:
Glowball Worming Bustierre said:
i burn sawdust & or WVO which is cheap & i like fire= pyro & lazy so... =what i must, eh?
After 2 or 3 tries, I can usually make out what he's trying to say, but this is a tough one.

I thought it was just my ignorance here with those terms.

Not a clue what he said.

In my river valley mountain home i have to start buring at the beginning of Oct as nights go down to the low 30's and most days are mild in the mid 60's... The outside temp does not seem to rise until the sun comes up, and then the temps climb very slowly... I'll need all of 4 cord to survive this winter

I burn 2 - 3 cords a year here in the south, havn't started burning at all yet as the temps just are not ready to drop... We are usually burning 24/7 by thanksgiving though so it coming... Can't wait for that first fire of the year....

Looking to burn about 2 cords this winter. Not 24/7...basically 3-4 days per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.