How Much Wood Do You Think This Is? Craigslist ad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ckdeuce said:
I contacted these people and they "Think it's about 2/3rds of a cord". Looks like more than that to me.... Any thoughts?

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/for/1919833066.html

If its single row 18 inches its what they said.. I can't tell how long it is but if its 16 inches it would need to be 24 ft for 1 cord as single row ...... I would say maybe 2.5 at 18 inches

iceman said:
ckdeuce said:
I contacted these people and they "Think it's about 2/3rds of a cord". Looks like more than that to me.... Any thoughts?

If its single row 18 inches its what they said.. I can't tell how long it is but if its 16 inches it would need to be 24 ft for 1 cord as single row ...... I would say maybe 2.5 at 18 inches

Should it be 20 ft at 16inchs?

smokinjay said:
iceman said:
ckdeuce said:

Should it be 20 ft at 16inchs?

3 rows of 16 inches in 4x4x8 is a cord so single row of 16 inches 4ft high would need to be 24 ft long for 1 cord
But I am not sure how high it is just assuming its 4ft and about 30-35 ft

Why not call the guy and ask for the measurements? Then you would know how much there is. While you are at it, ask what kind of wood it is.

Backwoods Savage said:
Why not call the guy and ask for the measurements? Then you would know how much there is. While you are at it, ask what kind of wood it is.

If I did that, then you and all of my other friends on Hearth.com would feel less important....

If you need seasoned wood I would go get it.

ckdeuce said:
Backwoods Savage said:

If I did that, then you and all of my other friends on Hearth.com would feel less important....

Gosh, I hope we don't feel any less important than we already are! Most of us realize how unimportant we are but we still try to help others. :)

ANeat said:
If you need seasoned wood I would go get it.
O K give me a hint, I have anew EPA stove for this season, and thanks to this site I now know it needs real seasoned wood. Which for past 20 + years I burned anything. I have about 1/2 cord seasoned over ayear and abot 4 cords seasoned 6 months . And out of the blue comes the answer to my problem. Thanks thats good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.