How much wood does your car haul?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beanscoot

Dec 30, 2007
Vancouver Island, Canada
Here's a pretty good load.

However my friend's old 1985 Crown Victoria could haul even more. I bet he wondered about the bits of bark...

Attachments

• IMG_1000 (Small).JPG
    IMG_1000 (Small).JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 606
  • IMG_0709 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0709 (Small).JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_0710 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0710 (Small).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 624
  • IMG_0711 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0711 (Small).JPG
    56 KB · Views: 590
OK, scoot, you want this in "The Wood Shed", or in "The Gear", or in "The Perfect Picture"? Your choice...you have 3 minutes to decide, or I'm moving it to someplace. Rick

Plays "jeopardy" music :)

That is hilarious! :)

Shari

Alright scoot, we both know it doesn't belong here in the Hearth Room...where do you think it belongs? We don't have an Old Tired Ford Full of Wood Room, so where am I to put it? I'll give you another bonus minute. Rick

Aw heck, scoot's not even logged on anymore...who wants to vote where to move it? I'm inclined toward the Wood Shed, myself, but I can be easily swayed. Rick

Wood shed, no question. There's no car talk forum here (yet).

The woodshed is where it should go , the question is where should scoot go!
maybe home and get that wood unloaded before it goes thru the floor board !
BTW my car hauls only kindling scraps for all the rest the van and trailer are used.

Agreed. Good move. Rick

My car only hauls the woodcutter and his can of gas. I pay a trucker to haul 12 cord at a time.

I can get about 1/6 cord in my Focus. I can't drive past free wood either.

Where is the pic. of the Falcons springs inverted and the tires rubbing the fender-wells?
Like to see expressions of people as you pull up to a stop light... :lol:

That falcon looks to be in good restorable shape ! I'd fix it up and get a decent used truck, 8 ft bed build 3 ft wood sides. Then you could haul about 3/4 of a chord.

I bet that during your college days you cramed excessive amounts of people in a VW Bug.

It's a rusty Fordor, so next time it needs major structural repair it will probably be parted out. I did replace the leaf springs a few years ago so there's no problem there. I just pump up the bias ply retreads to about 40 psi when carrying a load.

It can also carry a complete 351 engine with transmission in the trunk!

The car looks under utilized!!! Where is the cargo roof rack???????? ...and it still looks restore-able....just not by me!

Status
Not open for further replies.