How much wood fits in a truck?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
burntime said:
Heres the ranger with coil over shocks... More then a face cord but less then a half cord.

I bet that is similar to driving a bobcat without the bucket while going up in incline.

It actually rides fine. Of course you need a good space cushion but with the coil over shocks it is much more stable then stock...

F350 Utility Bed, dually.

168 cu. ft. if I don't let DW stack wood in the box that I chose for saws! About 1 1/3 cords, and still able to close the back up. A little more if I mound it up, but usually don't. Fill'er up with green oak and she rides real soft!

Attachments

• utility boxesJPG.jpg
    utility boxesJPG.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 663
Beowulf said:
F350 Utility Bed, dually.

168 cu. ft. if I don't let DW stack wood in the box that I chose for saws! About 1 1/3 cords, and still able to close the back up. A little more if I mound it up, but usually don't. Fill'er up with green oak and she rides real soft!

Talk about a mobile wood bunk! Back it in the garage and leave it for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.